Financial Analyst, Global Technology Operations job in Bellevue
Vacancy has expired
|Requisition Type:||Full-Time Regular|
|State or Province/City:||Bellevue|
Expedia's mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 200,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit company website to learn more about our travel brands.
The Finance team empowers Expedia Inc's travel revolution through financial intelligence and operational excellence. We are here to embolden our brands and help them drive growth. We do so with creativity and nimbleness, yet with a bias towards scalability.
There are more than 700 finance professionals working across the globe at Expedia, in fields such as accounting, brand and corporate finance, tax, internal audit and treasury.
This position sits within the Corporate Finance team and will be focused on the Global Technology Operations team.
Expedia Corporate Finance is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the Global Technology and Operations (GTO) organization. The Financial Analyst will partner with technology customers, other business functions and support GTO finance team members to enable solid business decision making through financial insight and meaningful analysis. Specifically, the analyst will own key finance processes pertaining to technology costs, manage relationship with key customers and other business partners to provide support for forward looking business and operational planning decisions, build financial models and analyses and track and improve business and finance processes.
• Develop a shared understanding of business performance drivers and key metrics (development, reporting and analysis of key metrics and performance drivers)
• Manage the end-to-end forecasting process for technology vendors, license and software maintenance, including reporting of resource metrics, monthly accruals and process improvements in forecasting process
• Develop financial models and business cases that require basic to moderate level of analysis for use in management decision making, identify gaps and drive improvements across finance processes
• Support team members through the annual planning,quarterly budgeting and monthly forecasting process and actively participate in the development of the annual plan for the technology organization at Expedia
• Coordinate month-end close reporting and produce weekly, monthly and quarterly expense and headcount reports to highlight key insights and levers for finance and technology leadership teams
• Serve as liaison between GTO Finance and support functions (Accounting, Procurement and HR), on process improvements, ad-hoc research, analysis and reporting as needed to serve business partner needs and support team members
Qualifications (including Work Experience and Education Guidelines):
• BA or BS in Finance or Accounting required; CPA or MBA a plus
• 2+ years experience in an analytical role with an emphasis on financial analysis
• Experience in budgeting, expense analysis and forecasting
• Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
• Experience with Peoplesoft/Oracle, Hyperion and Essbase preferred
• Accounting experience a plus
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management, across different organizations
• Demonstrated proactive and solutions-oriented approach towards business problems and process improvements
• Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
• Ability to manage projects and processes independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Interest in learning new tools, processes and systems
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.