You're a seasoned Database Developer who's looking for new challenges, higher rewards, and a company where you can make a big splash. At Expedia, we'll get you to your next career destination.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team at Expedia is rapidly growing and is on the hunt for experienced game-changers. We're looking for talented individuals who can bring their data warehousing skills to the table along with excellent SQL skills and experience with Informatica and DB2 development. As part of this team, you will be spearheading the full development/QA lifecycle of the solution including design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support, deployment activities, and post deployment support. You will also have opportunities to manage on and offshore development resources to deliver solutions to the business community.
- Assess business rules; define application architecture, perform source to target data mapping, design, review, implement and optimize ETL processes.
- Review project plans, review development and test specifications, perform data analysis, provide development/QA support for existing systems, and troubleshoot data and/or system issues within the Data Warehouse environment as well as upstream systems, as needed.
- Drive investigations across the organizations and deliver resolution of technical, procedural, and/or operational issues to completion and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop test plans/cases, conditions and scenarios in support of ongoing business system applications and infrastructure.
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like design documentation, test plans, test cases, and scenarios; execute test scripts, document test results noting deltas between actual and expected results, and develop/manage test schedules in cooperation with the project manager.
- Build/extend toolsets, create/maintain batch jobs, create systems documentation, and manage/mentor other ETL developers.
- Strong Background in Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large multi-terabyte environments.
- Exceptional ETL Design/Development knowledge using Informatica, PowerCenter, SAP DataServices, and/or IBM DataStage, etc.
- Hands-on experience using procedural languages in DB2, Oracle or Teradata.
- Strong scripting skills to perform data/file manipulation (e.g., PERL)
- Ability to create and interpret data models using ERWIN, PowerDesigner, etc.
- Hands-on experience with MPP environments like DB2, Teradata or Netezza implementations.
- Report Development using Business Objects, Tableau, and/or QlikView.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM model.
- Experience with testing practices, processes and artifact creation, and user acceptance testing.
- Exposure to no-sql technologies and BigData platforms such as Hadoop, HBASE or Cassandra.
- Hands-on experience building financial datamarts on ERP datasets, especially Oracle ERP.
- Strong customer service skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and stay motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work cross functionally to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
Education and Work Experience:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years in data warehouse technologies and/or a back-end reporting systems.
- For lead roles, Team lead experience involving geographically dispersed teams.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit company website to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.